10 predictions for 2013 - Rolf Harris, Oasis, royal baby and more - Editor's Eye comment (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
10 predictions for 2013 - Rolf Harris, Oasis, royal baby and more - Editor's Eye comment
A VERY happy and prosperous New Year to one and all. Here’s hoping 2013 brings you everything you wish for.
Of course, this year will be no different to previous ones and resolutions to lose weight will be lost under a pile of doughnuts long before the month is out.
Just as any resolve to cut down on the booze and fags will be waning even before the tinsel and lights are back in the loft. So, what will the New Year really bring?
Assuming the rest of us are as fat and boozed up as ever, what’s really going to change? For what it’s worth here are a few predictions from me:
1. Boris Johnson will continue his relatively unchallenged progress to become the Conservative leader and ultimately PM.
2. West Ham will lose the FA Cup final to Everton.
3. I’m not a fan of morbid predictions of death, but if I have to guess, and despite the fact I think he’s great, I’ll go for Prince Philip.
4. It’ll be a big year for everyone’s favourite all-rounder Rolf Harris.
5. The ever-more disgraced BBC is forced to drop Newsnight.
6. The Gallagher brothers get over their differences and Oasis reform.
7. The royal baby will be male, weigh 7lb 2ozs and be called James.
8. Greece are finally, and deservedly, kicked out of the Euro.
9. Ellen MacArthur faces her biggest challenge yet.
10. Golfer Rory McIlroy ditches tennis player Caroline Wozniacki and hooks up with Cheryl Cole.
Well, for what they’re worth, there are my 10 top predictions for 2013.
What would yours be? Feel free to write and let me know in the comments box below.
Have a great New Year.