Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Prettify your make-up
12:21pm Wednesday 4th July 2012 in Latest Articles
The English rose look describes a woman with what I call ‘stealth make-up’, as it ensures you look fabulous but not at all made-up,” says make-up artist Jemma Kidd.
Championed by the likes of the Duchess of Cambridge, Keira Knightley and Kate Winslet, the English rose is a look you can create over and over again.
Jemma Kidd reveals how, step-by-step: - Even out skin tone using a light liquid foundation and touches of concealer as needed.
- Cheeks are key, so blend a fresh pink powder blush from the apple of the cheeks along the cheekbone, or for a more youthful finish opt for a cheek stain, and blend onto the apples of the cheeks for a fresh, doll-like finish.
- For a dewy finish, blend a little ice gold creme highlighter along the cheekbones.
- Neaten the brows and fill in the shape.
- Neutral eye shadows with a gentle shimmer are flattering – use all over the lid from the lash line to the socket and brush a deeper shade into the socket crease and blend well.
- Curl the lashes and define with dark brown lengthening mascara.
- Apply rose-tinted balm with SPF to protect and moisturise the lips, then layer shell pink gloss on top, which enhances their natural colour and makes them look full and glossy.
- A touch of non-shimmery highlighter at the outer corners of the eye and lips will give the face a flattering lift.