To celebrate new homes coming soon to The Quarry in Erith, developers L&Q and The Anderson Group have teamed up with News Shopper to offer you the chance to win £250 of B&Q vouchers to get you and your garden ready for spring.
Top tips for getting your garden ready for spring:
1. Spring is the perfect time to refresh the garden so it looks beautiful right through summer. Tend to your garden’s wooden structures, such as fences, sheds and gates, and don’t be afraid to give everything a new lick of paint!
2. Remove any fallen leaves and dead branches in your flowerbeds and on your lawn. Trim any bushes which have overgrown over winter and mow the lawn and recut its edges. If your lawn is a little bare, you can lay new turf now.
3. Start weeding your garden. Weeds grow as the temperature rises, and are much easier to remove at this time of year. Pests such as slugs will also appear now, so you should keep a look out and remove them.
4. Now is a great time to plant spring flowers such as daffodils and prepare your bulbs and seeds which will flower in summer. It’s also good to look at deadheading flowers such as pansies to encourage new growth through the season.
5. Feed trees and shrubs with slow release fertiliser. It’s best to scatter this around the base of the tree, and then dig it in to the soil.
Set to launch its first homes for sale in summer 2017, The Quarry will comprise of 600 new homes including family houses with large gardens.
With sustainability at its heart, this new eco-development will be surrounded by woodland trees and feature a conservation area the size of around three football pitches, along with cycle routes, play corridors and a village green.
For a chance to win £250 of B&Q vouchers, answer the following question:
How many new homes will be available at The Quarry? a) 600, b) 500, c) 400
Send your text to 80360 starting with NSQUARRY leave a space, followed by your answer, name and contact details.
Or post your answer along with your name and contact details to: Quarry competition (web), Newsquest, 9th floor, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Brighton Rd, Sutton, SM2 5AS.
The closing date is April 18.
Texts cost 50p plus your normal operator text charge. Text lines close 18/04/2017 at 11.59pm. Call 0207 998 0549 for help and advice on phone and mobile services. For full terms visit www.newsquest.co.uk/terms. Service Provided by Newsquest Media Group.