An arts festival will give a voice to older people, exploring stories and exploding stereotypes of the 10million people aged over 65 in the UK.
Bold will run nationwide – in Bradford, Stockton on Tees and Deptford – from September 16 to 27 with a range of performances, events and workshops for and by older people with the aim of looking beyond the label ‘old age’.
Inspired by the The Albany’s Meet Me at the Albany weekly events for older folk, Deptford will host the London leg with 10 shows across the 11 days.
Home Sweet Home between September 23 and 27, which is a heart-warming theatre show with live singing and dancing that is based on the true stories taken from interviews with more than 200 people in care homes in each of the three host towns.
Other Deptford highlights include Bed - a free street event from 11am on September 17 and 19 on performed by a 70-year-old woman in the streets of Deptford about the space in between waking and sleep.
Go to thealbany.org.uk
- Orchard Theatre's summer season features Hairspray, Evita and Ray Cooney's Out of Order
- The First Hippo on the Moon by David Walliams comes to Bromley
- Laugh out loud at Jody Kamali's Beckenham and Petts Wood Comedy Cabarets
- Wonderland starring Naomi Morris comes to Churchill Theatre in Bromley
- Charlie Condo and Victoria Yeates star in The Crucible at Orchard Theatre, Dartford