Penge comedian Dan Green has beaten more than 160 new London comedians to book a place in the final of a comedy competition.
The comic, who is in the final of the Comedy Knights Fresh Comedian 2014 at The Forge in Camden on September 17, said: “I currently live in Penge. The usual response is for people to repeat 'Penge' as it's a word they've never heard of before, swiftly followed by them saying 'sounds like a disease!'.
“I haven't got the energy to humour them any more so I just say Crystal Palace. It's nice, there's a park with some stone dinosaurs.”
Dan has been performing for around three years, balancing his day job at the Science Museum with comedy.
He said: “It's something I'd always wanted to do, I was a bit bored in my day job and I wanted to challenge myself. I don't necessarily buy into it was a 'brave' thing to do, but I think it's always good to try new things and push yourself.”
Get tickets here.
- See it first in Bromley - Churchill Theatre announces launch new nationwide tours
- Theatre review: Matilda turns five in style in the West End
- 'It’s infectious and genuine and unbelievably powerful' - the Buddy Holly Story heading to Dartford
- Joe Pasquale tells us why he is excited about Snow White in Dartford this Christmas
- CBeebies stars sign up for Croydon panto