Welling's Kate Bush returned to the stage last night (August 26) - 35 years after her last live performance.
The three-hour show was hailed by fans and critics as a huge success, even though she didn't perform some of her best known songs, including her first UK number one, Wuthering Heights.
The 56-year-old was born in Welling and studied piano and violin at St Joseph's Convent grammar school in Abbey Wood, where she was discovered by Dave Gilmour of Pink Floyd.
She will perform 21 more shows at the Hammersmith Apollo, all of which sold out within minutes of going on sale in March.
Her only other tour was in 1979 - after that she opted to not perform again, with the exception of occasional TV shows.
- Motorists can now challenge parking tickets for £5
- Bromley storms into Top 50 best places to live in UK
- Bumper day for seals in Dartford
- Biggin Hill school raises cash for charity through festive jumper day
- Staff, students and rotarians in series of Erith charity walks