You’re in Locksbottom and you’ve got an hour to spare, where should you go, what should you do?
Vibe’s Christien Chaperlin found out...
Locksbottom is home to the only Michelin starred restaurant in the borough. With menu items like Oysters and Orange Bavarois, Chapter One is Locksbottom’s answer to fine dining.
Have a drink
Locksbottom isn’t short of pubs, there’s three within a short walk of each other. The Black Horse is a family friendly Ember Inns pub recommended by CAMRA or you could stop in at Ye Olde Whyte Lyon on Farnborough common; built in 1626 it’s one of the oldest pubs in the borough.
Even though Locksbottom isn’t all that big it has decent shopping. With a huge Sainsbury’s and a Lidl, grocery shopping is a breeze. Even the petrol station has an M&S food store.
A Walk In The Park
Tugmutton common on Starts Hill Road is one of the only public green spaces in Locksbottom. In the summer it’s a perfect place for a picnic or just a leisurely stroll.
Make Some Noise
“16 Steps” is a music production school on Crofton Road that offers comprehensive tuition in Music production from beginners just starting out all the way to advanced level wannabe DJs.
- You'll eat, drink and be merry on your break to enjoy this food festival
- Diversity star to host FREE Halloween dance workshops in Bexleyheath
- Fireworks 2016: When and where is your local bonfire night and firework display in south east London and north Kent
- A massive trampoline park could open in St Mary Cray - if the firm behind it can convince Bromley Council
- Free Halloween family fun at intu Bromley this October half term