Have you ever watched a cooking show and thought ‘glad I’m not washing up after that’? Well spare a thought for Iva Vcelak.
Iva is one of the heroes behind the scenes on the Great British Bake Off, which returns at 8pm on Wednesday (August 6) on BBC1.
Dishwashers are too noisy to run during filming so she washes every spatula and bowl by hand.
This year, she was scrubbing away for more than 160 hours and got through 1,000 cloths, 80 sponges and 30 litres of washing up liquid.
There’s no word on what happens to the completed cakes after judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry have tasted them, but News Shopper would like to volunteer to ‘dispose’ of them.
- Recipe: Spiced pear and Streamline apricot jam frangipane cake
- Expert seasonal cooking advice from rock star chef Martin McNair
- PICTURED: Giant spider's web on the Shard's 72nd floor
- Video recipe: Warm 'Petit' Lemon and Cardamom Cake with Vanilla Bean Syrup
- Antic's Woolwich Equitable to open next week in old bank building