Have you ever watched a cooking show and thought ‘glad I’m not washing up after that’? Well spare a thought for Iva Vcelak.
Iva is one of the heroes behind the scenes on the Great British Bake Off, which returns at 8pm on Wednesday (August 6) on BBC1.
Dishwashers are too noisy to run during filming so she washes every spatula and bowl by hand.
This year, she was scrubbing away for more than 160 hours and got through 1,000 cloths, 80 sponges and 30 litres of washing up liquid.
There’s no word on what happens to the completed cakes after judges Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry have tasted them, but News Shopper would like to volunteer to ‘dispose’ of them.
- Crayford couple open The Penny Farthing - Bexley's second micropub
- Recipe: Sweet Eve strawberry, goats cheese and black pepper tart
- New Cross' The Royal Albert to serve up Kent ales at Octopump festival
- REVIEW: Belly dancing and Lebanese food at Comptoir Libanais, Bluewater
- REVIEW: Smiles all round at OnBlackheath music and food festival