A pub crawl with a dairy twist took over Crystal Palace at the weekend.
More than 150 people from across south London – and even a few north Londoners - turned up to the Cheese Crawl, organised by Good Taste Food and Drink, on Saturday (July 12).
Seven pubs - The Paxton, Beer Rebellion, The Sparrowhawk, Westow House, The Grape and Grain, The White Hart and The Alma – hosted revellers throughout the afternoon with free samples of cheese for crawlers who bought a drink.
Everyone who completed the course got a 10 per cent discount card to use at the shop for 12 months.
Good Taste’s owner Manish Utton-Mishra said: “We were really chuffed with the turnout and the enthusiasm of everyone on the CheeseCrawl.
"I hope it's won us more friends - we had tremendous feedback on the cheeses we provided and we were overwhelmed with the response on Twitter."
Here’s what some of the Cheese Crawl’s fans were saying on the social network:
— White Hart SE19 (@WhiteHartSE19) July 12, 2014
- Now you can get p****d up at the Brewery! Meantime launches The Tasting Rooms in Greenwich
- MAPPED: 9 of the best fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent
- POLL National Breakfast Week – what are you having?
- Steak house set to open in Bromley with 45 new jobs
- February’s seasonal cooking tips from chef to the stars Martin McNair