Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Passengers surprised by theatre on Crystal Palace to Blackheath bus
Unsuspecting passengers on a bus between Crystal Palace and Blackheath were surprised by an impromptu performance.
Six actors hopped on the 202 bus for three hours yesterday afternoon (Sunday, July 13) to treat – mostly unaware – customers to humorous, moving, surprising and bizarre tales based on the questions that many of us have asked ourselves on public transport, even if fleetingly.
The performance, called 202x12: Theatre on a Bus, was part of the ongoing Sydenham Arts Festival.
The often surreal monologues ranged from a passenger convinced he was Frodo Baggins from Lord of the Rings to a biscuit obsessive and an ironic comment on the festival itself.
Festival and performance director Jonathan Kaufman said: “It went amazingly, if slightly chaotically.
Some very entertained passengers, a few very bemused. One lady even asked ‘is this happening every week?’”
Sydenham Arts Festival continues until July 20. Go to sydenhamartsfestival.co.uk
Pictures by Mark Drinkwater.
- Dartford comedian Aaron Morris on a roll with 44,000 Twitter fans
- Actor Paul Nicholas recalls working with Beckenham's David Bowie pre-fame
- 'It was very painful the last time I was here': Suzanne Shaw returns to Dartford
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Groundbreaking dance gets live Woolwich Big Screen showing