Award-winning biographers and the national poet for Scotland will be among the speakers at Sevenoaks Literary Celebration in the autumn.
This year’s Samuel Johnson award for non-fiction, Lucy Hughes-Hallet will be at Walthamstow Hall School’s Ship Theatre on September 19.
Lucy’s book, The Pike, chronicles the life of the Italian poet, seducer and adventurer Gabriele d’Annunzio and also won the Costa Biography gong.
Ian Kelly, whose book about Vivienne Westwood is one of the most highly-anticipated books of the year, will make an appearance on October 16 while Scottish poet Liz Lochhead performs on October 1.
- Ladywell political cartoonist's brutally funny book highlights coalition's bumpy ride
- Women's vote battle recounted in controversial book by Forest Hill author
- New children's book based on Charles Darwin's adventures in Downe, Bromley
- Stuffed animals, book signings and sea shanties: Literary happenings across London
- An evening of taxidermy in Forest Hill to launch best-selling author Kate Mosse's new novel