Getting creative in the summer holidays will be easier this year with the Albany’s Summer Arts programme returning bigger and better than ever.
The Albany will expand out of its Deptford home into five venues in south east London to lead a series of week-long courses for four hundred 13 to 19-year-olds in beat boxing, music making, dance, acting and making art.
Between August 4 and 22, Summer Arts will run courses at the Albany, Woodpecker Youth Centre, TNG, Bromley and Downham Youth Centre and Deptford Lounge.
Young people can try everything from drama to dance, circus and comedy.
Instructors like Coney will lead them onto the streets to make theatre in public and Nathan Byron – Jamie Bennett in BBC3’s Some Girls – shares the secret of creating comedy sketches.
Artist Ben Connors will be helping people to create a mural on the Albany, while each Wednesday will have a barbecue, open mic party and film club.
- What's on this weekend (January 31 and February 1)
- Take Yer Pic: 27 stunning readers' photos
- Dippy the diplodocus is set to retire
- 14 gorgeous nature photos showing how beautiful SE London and north Kent can be
- 7 of the best book events happening in south London in January and February