A National Trust property in Kent wants people to bring their medals, uniforms, photos, war records and other items from their families’ military pasts to a fair at the weekend.
Ightham Mote is holding a Military Ancestry Roadshow on Saturday and Sunday, July 5 and 6.
A panel of three experts will use items to help guide people to other sources of information and reveal what they say about their relatives’ military history.
Ten minute sessions, between 11am and 3.30pm cost £5 (standard entry costs apply). There is no prebooking.
- VIDEO: Auschwitz survivors tell their stories on Holocaust Memorial Day
- Make Love in the Archives in Greenwich top of your Valentine’s Day plans
- PICTURED: Rare Winston Churchill artefacts on display in north Kent to mark 50 years since his death
- 5 reasons to say in this week: TV, sport, DVD and music picks
- 5 reasons to go out this week: top theatre, comedy, gigs and events