A National Trust property in Kent wants people to bring their medals, uniforms, photos, war records and other items from their families’ military pasts to a fair at the weekend.
Ightham Mote is holding a Military Ancestry Roadshow on Saturday and Sunday, July 5 and 6.
A panel of three experts will use items to help guide people to other sources of information and reveal what they say about their relatives’ military history.
Ten minute sessions, between 11am and 3.30pm cost £5 (standard entry costs apply). There is no prebooking.
- 6 reasons to go out this week: what's on in north kent and south east London
- Sydenham Arts Festival: 7 things to look forward to
- Adrenaline-fuelled street cycling race to make UK debut in Greenwich
- Get into the Wimbledon spirit with tennis in the office, garden or driveway
- Frozen princesses to help celebrate Gravesend Cylcopark's birthday at free fun day