Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Blackheath gets a beach for summer
The seaside has arrived in Blackheath, as the grounds of the Conservatoire have been transformed into an urban sandy beach.
The beach, at the Grade II listed building, opened yesterday for a season of pop up cafes, street food, beach huts, live music, Punch and Judy, family art and music workshops.
The 120-metre Victorian-inspired installation – opened on National Flip Flop Day – and is sponsored by OnBlackheath Festival and John Lewis.
Perfect for relaxing, playing, lazing, learning and listening, the beach is sure to be a hotspot for all ages this summer.
It will host regular acoustic evening sessions, Friday Family Food Nights, Chill Out Sunday brunches and lots of other events.
Go to conservatoire.org.uk
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (July 26 to 27)
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Erith shopping centre plans Pet Day
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
Comments are closed on this article.