The seaside has arrived in Blackheath, as the grounds of the Conservatoire have been transformed into an urban sandy beach.
The beach, at the Grade II listed building, opened yesterday for a season of pop up cafes, street food, beach huts, live music, Punch and Judy, family art and music workshops.
The 120-metre Victorian-inspired installation – opened on National Flip Flop Day – and is sponsored by OnBlackheath Festival and John Lewis.
Perfect for relaxing, playing, lazing, learning and listening, the beach is sure to be a hotspot for all ages this summer.
It will host regular acoustic evening sessions, Friday Family Food Nights, Chill Out Sunday brunches and lots of other events.
Go to conservatoire.org.uk
- You'll eat, drink and be merry on your break to enjoy this food festival
- Diversity star to host FREE Halloween dance workshops in Bexleyheath
- Fireworks 2016: When and where is your local bonfire night and firework display in south east London and north Kent
- A massive trampoline park could open in St Mary Cray - if the firm behind it can convince Bromley Council
- Free Halloween family fun at intu Bromley this October half term