The seaside has arrived in Blackheath, as the grounds of the Conservatoire have been transformed into an urban sandy beach.
The beach, at the Grade II listed building, opened yesterday for a season of pop up cafes, street food, beach huts, live music, Punch and Judy, family art and music workshops.
The 120-metre Victorian-inspired installation – opened on National Flip Flop Day – and is sponsored by OnBlackheath Festival and John Lewis.
Perfect for relaxing, playing, lazing, learning and listening, the beach is sure to be a hotspot for all ages this summer.
It will host regular acoustic evening sessions, Friday Family Food Nights, Chill Out Sunday brunches and lots of other events.
Go to conservatoire.org.uk
- Secret shopper, Einstein or digital magpie - what kind of Christmas Shopper are you?
- VIDEO: Charley Boorman's Christmas survival guide
- Exclusive interview: Santa Claus reveals all
- All you need to know about taking a European river cruise on the Danube
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (December 13 and 14)