Union Jacks at the ready – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is bringing the spectacle of the Last Night of the Proms to Dartford this weekend.
The acclaimed symphonic ensemble features opera star Deborah Norman and conductor Hilary Davan Wetton performing well-loved classical masterpieces and Proms favourites at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday (June 22).
Among the huge numbers performed will be Debussy’s Clair de Lune, Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty Waltz and Elgar’s showstopping Pomp and Circumstance March No 1.
The orchestra’s managing director, Ian Maclay, said: “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is very much looking forward to performing again at the Orchard Theatre.
“We have always had a very loyal audience in and around Dartford and are delighted to be returning with a series of popular classics. The Last Night of the Proms will be the perfect start to the summer.”
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- TOWIE's Mark Wright, Caroline Flack and more join Strictly Live tour
- 'I'm going to be absolutely cacking it': Jason Manford on starring in The Producers in Bromley
- Christmas show in Greenwich for kids too young for panto
- 9 amazingly weird things we learnt about south east Londoners from YouGov profiles
- VIDEO X Factor: Welling's Charlie Jones and Stereo Kicks swing through Big Band week