Union Jacks at the ready – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is bringing the spectacle of the Last Night of the Proms to Dartford this weekend.
The acclaimed symphonic ensemble features opera star Deborah Norman and conductor Hilary Davan Wetton performing well-loved classical masterpieces and Proms favourites at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday (June 22).
Among the huge numbers performed will be Debussy’s Clair de Lune, Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty Waltz and Elgar’s showstopping Pomp and Circumstance March No 1.
The orchestra’s managing director, Ian Maclay, said: “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is very much looking forward to performing again at the Orchard Theatre.
“We have always had a very loyal audience in and around Dartford and are delighted to be returning with a series of popular classics. The Last Night of the Proms will be the perfect start to the summer.”
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- VOTE: Which of these dashing Bromley men is our Mr Darcy and deserves a mega prize bundle?
- As Marvel Universe Live heads to The O2: 7 super heroes who touched down in south east London and north Kent
- Sunny Afternoon coming to Dartford: 'the horribly dysfunctional glue that holds the Kinks together'
- Hollywood icon John Malkovich on why film is ‘like a line drawing’ and choosing Kingston for his London directorial debut
- Reece Shearsmith tells us about The Dresser at Richmond Theatre and the West End and new Inside No. 9