Union Jacks at the ready – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is bringing the spectacle of the Last Night of the Proms to Dartford this weekend.
The acclaimed symphonic ensemble features opera star Deborah Norman and conductor Hilary Davan Wetton performing well-loved classical masterpieces and Proms favourites at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday (June 22).
Among the huge numbers performed will be Debussy’s Clair de Lune, Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty Waltz and Elgar’s showstopping Pomp and Circumstance March No 1.
The orchestra’s managing director, Ian Maclay, said: “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is very much looking forward to performing again at the Orchard Theatre.
“We have always had a very loyal audience in and around Dartford and are delighted to be returning with a series of popular classics. The Last Night of the Proms will be the perfect start to the summer.”
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- Joe Pasquale tells us why he is excited about Snow White in Dartford this Christmas
- CBeebies stars sign up for Croydon panto
- Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood tells us why he's Hooked on panto in Bromley - plus what he thinks of Len's departure
- Brockley play explores what would happen if President Donald Trump was banned from the UK
- Strictly star leads cast of Peter James adaptation premiering in Dartford