Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Start summer with Last Night of the Proms in Dartford
Union Jacks at the ready – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is bringing the spectacle of the Last Night of the Proms to Dartford this weekend.
The acclaimed symphonic ensemble features opera star Deborah Norman and conductor Hilary Davan Wetton performing well-loved classical masterpieces and Proms favourites at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday (June 22).
Among the huge numbers performed will be Debussy’s Clair de Lune, Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty Waltz and Elgar’s showstopping Pomp and Circumstance March No 1.
The orchestra’s managing director, Ian Maclay, said: “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is very much looking forward to performing again at the Orchard Theatre.
“We have always had a very loyal audience in and around Dartford and are delighted to be returning with a series of popular classics. The Last Night of the Proms will be the perfect start to the summer.”
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- Dartford comedian Aaron Morris on a roll with 44,000 Twitter fans
- Actor Paul Nicholas recalls working with Beckenham's David Bowie pre-fame
- 'It was very painful the last time I was here': Suzanne Shaw returns to Dartford
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Groundbreaking dance gets live Woolwich Big Screen showing
Comments are closed on this article.