Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Start summer with Last Night of the Proms in Dartford
Union Jacks at the ready – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is bringing the spectacle of the Last Night of the Proms to Dartford this weekend.
The acclaimed symphonic ensemble features opera star Deborah Norman and conductor Hilary Davan Wetton performing well-loved classical masterpieces and Proms favourites at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday (June 22).
Among the huge numbers performed will be Debussy’s Clair de Lune, Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty Waltz and Elgar’s showstopping Pomp and Circumstance March No 1.
The orchestra’s managing director, Ian Maclay, said: “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is very much looking forward to performing again at the Orchard Theatre.
“We have always had a very loyal audience in and around Dartford and are delighted to be returning with a series of popular classics. The Last Night of the Proms will be the perfect start to the summer.”
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- Groundbreaking dance gets live Woolwich Big Screen showing
- Angelina Ballerina ready to dance into Dartford
- Irish dancers take to Dartford High Street
- South east London and north Kent ballet youngsters picked for major Bromley show
- Greenwich Comedy Festival to return with big names and new home
Comments are closed on this article.