Union Jacks at the ready – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is bringing the spectacle of the Last Night of the Proms to Dartford this weekend.
The acclaimed symphonic ensemble features opera star Deborah Norman and conductor Hilary Davan Wetton performing well-loved classical masterpieces and Proms favourites at The Orchard Theatre on Sunday (June 22).
Among the huge numbers performed will be Debussy’s Clair de Lune, Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty Waltz and Elgar’s showstopping Pomp and Circumstance March No 1.
The orchestra’s managing director, Ian Maclay, said: “The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is very much looking forward to performing again at the Orchard Theatre.
“We have always had a very loyal audience in and around Dartford and are delighted to be returning with a series of popular classics. The Last Night of the Proms will be the perfect start to the summer.”
Go to orchardtheatre.co.uk or call 01322 220000.
- Panto review: Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood is Fab-u-lous in Peter Pan at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Final Strictly live tour celebrities announced to head to Greenwich
- Ballet bonanza for dance lovers in Dartford and Bromley this winter
- Pantomime review: 'Sexy, silly, mad' fun with Jack and the Beanstalk at Greenwich Theatre
- REVIEW: Miracle on 34th Street at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford