Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Actress wants women's families' war memories
A singer-actress is seeking to acknowledge women’s efforts during the First World War.
Fiona-Jane Weston has performed with stars such as Bill Bailey and Milton Jones and is currently working on Wartime Women: The Khaki Cabaret, which will mark the centenary of the conflict and celebrate the legacy of women who paved the way for many others.
The artist is calling on women from across south east London to share their families’ stories and experiences from the war.
She will perform extracts of the show on Friday, June 27, at the Crystal Palace Overground Festival free event Beyond Words at Upper Norwood Library.
Contact Fiona-Jane at email@example.com
To find out more about Crystal Palace Overground Festival, go to crystalpalacefestival.org
- Hollywood icon Michael York talks about acting, illness and Bromley Little Theatre's fight for survival
- Dawn French adds extra Bromley date
- Avengers star Diana Rigg leads Cutty Sark's new theatre programme
- BGT star joins Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood in Dartford panto
- Robin Williams gags and the N-word: controversial comedian Roy 'Chubby' Brown talks to Vibe
Comments are closed on this article.