All three of News Shopper’s big league local teams have now unveiled their kits for next season, and there seems to be a trend towards tradition and simplicity.
For the Eagles, that means a return to the close stripes and a yellow away kit.
The Lions have dropped this year’s pinstripes to shoot for a bold dark blue, with some understated white detailing on the shoulders and the words ‘Let em come’ on the back of the neck.
Both classic, sponsorless shirts are produced by Macron, so the similarities are probably no surprise.
Bucking the trend is Charlton. The Addicks’ Nike offering is a little bit different, a little bit retro with a 90s-style chevron that’s a little bit like something you would expect to see in Rugby League.
They’ve also gone for plenty of names on the fabric, with University of Greenwich on the front of the shirt, Andrews Air Conditioning on the back and Mistubishi on the shorts.
Who has the best shirt this year? And how does it compare to the teams’ classic kits?
Vote below and leave a comment...
- 10 essential student buys to pick up at Bluewater, Bexleyheath and Intu Bromley student discount nights
- Expert fashion advice on buying jeans to suit your body shape
- Make your wardrobe a winter wonderland with expert fashion advice
- Greenwich Market goes green this Friday
- Fashion Week returns to Forest Hill