All three of News Shopper’s big league local teams have now unveiled their kits for next season, and there seems to be a trend towards tradition and simplicity.
For the Eagles, that means a return to the close stripes and a yellow away kit.
The Lions have dropped this year’s pinstripes to shoot for a bold dark blue, with some understated white detailing on the shoulders and the words ‘Let em come’ on the back of the neck.
Both classic, sponsorless shirts are produced by Macron, so the similarities are probably no surprise.
Bucking the trend is Charlton. The Addicks’ Nike offering is a little bit different, a little bit retro with a 90s-style chevron that’s a little bit like something you would expect to see in Rugby League.
They’ve also gone for plenty of names on the fabric, with University of Greenwich on the front of the shirt, Andrews Air Conditioning on the back and Mistubishi on the shorts.
Who has the best shirt this year? And how does it compare to the teams’ classic kits?
Vote below and leave a comment...
- Top ten TV moments of 2014
- Christmas party fashion advice from Bluewater’s stylists Miss Dress
- Photofun: Share a picture of what you're wearing for Christmas Jumper Day
- VIDEO: Dress stylishly at any age by following Helen Mirren, Elle Macpherson and Amanda Holden’s examples
- POLL: Will you be getting festive with a Christmas jumper?