Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Orpington comedian wins cash for charity in celebrity TV quiz
Orpington comedian Josie Long beat 14 other celebrities to win more than £20,000 for charity on a TV quiz.
The brainy comic saw off stars including Heston Blumenthal, Johnny Vegas, Ann Widdecombe and Dara O’Briain on Celebrity 15 to 1, which was broadcast on Channel 4 on Friday night (June 6).
Josie, who previously appeared in News Shopper as a child dressed as a clown at a fete, tweeted after the programme:
Thank you to everyone being so kind about my appearance on 15-1! I loved doing it. I bloody love a quiz.— Josie Long (@JosieLong) June 6, 2014
The comedian donated her £25,000 winnings to the charity Arts Emergency, which she set up with her friend Neil Griffiths to support young people from low income and low support background who want to study arts.
- Irish dancers take to Dartford High Street
- South east London and north Kent ballet youngsters picked for major Bromley show
- Greenwich Comedy Festival to return with big names and new home
- Kent choir to join Brit winner Blake on stage in Dartford
- Free theatre tickets to be left around Bromley for residents to find
Comments are closed on this article.