Orpington comedian Josie Long beat 14 other celebrities to win more than £20,000 for charity on a TV quiz.
The brainy comic saw off stars including Heston Blumenthal, Johnny Vegas, Ann Widdecombe and Dara O’Briain on Celebrity 15 to 1, which was broadcast on Channel 4 on Friday night (June 6).
Josie, who previously appeared in News Shopper as a child dressed as a clown at a fete, tweeted after the programme:
Thank you to everyone being so kind about my appearance on 15-1! I loved doing it. I bloody love a quiz.— Josie Long (@JosieLong) June 6, 2014
The comedian donated her £25,000 winnings to the charity Arts Emergency, which she set up with her friend Neil Griffiths to support young people from low income and low support background who want to study arts.
- Young actors from Eltham and Chislehurst beat hundreds to coveted Railway Children roles
- The Who's Tommy returning at Greenwich Theatre
- WIN the chance to dance on stage in Dartford Opera
- World's first Singing Hypnotist set for Deptford premiere
- Petts Wood society to celebrate Rodgers and Hammerstein show's 70th