Orpington comedian Josie Long beat 14 other celebrities to win more than £20,000 for charity on a TV quiz.
The brainy comic saw off stars including Heston Blumenthal, Johnny Vegas, Ann Widdecombe and Dara O’Briain on Celebrity 15 to 1, which was broadcast on Channel 4 on Friday night (June 6).
Josie, who previously appeared in News Shopper as a child dressed as a clown at a fete, tweeted after the programme:
Thank you to everyone being so kind about my appearance on 15-1! I loved doing it. I bloody love a quiz.— Josie Long (@JosieLong) June 6, 2014
The comedian donated her £25,000 winnings to the charity Arts Emergency, which she set up with her friend Neil Griffiths to support young people from low income and low support background who want to study arts.
- Panto review: Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood is Fab-u-lous in Peter Pan at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Final Strictly live tour celebrities announced to head to Greenwich
- Ballet bonanza for dance lovers in Dartford and Bromley this winter
- Pantomime review: 'Sexy, silly, mad' fun with Jack and the Beanstalk at Greenwich Theatre
- REVIEW: Miracle on 34th Street at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford