Orpington comedian Josie Long beat 14 other celebrities to win more than £20,000 for charity on a TV quiz.
The brainy comic saw off stars including Heston Blumenthal, Johnny Vegas, Ann Widdecombe and Dara O’Briain on Celebrity 15 to 1, which was broadcast on Channel 4 on Friday night (June 6).
Josie, who previously appeared in News Shopper as a child dressed as a clown at a fete, tweeted after the programme:
Thank you to everyone being so kind about my appearance on 15-1! I loved doing it. I bloody love a quiz.— Josie Long (@JosieLong) June 6, 2014
The comedian donated her £25,000 winnings to the charity Arts Emergency, which she set up with her friend Neil Griffiths to support young people from low income and low support background who want to study arts.
- Penge lends its name to a play and it stars a Marvel Avengers actress
- Interview: Pop Idol Gareth Gates gets ready for panto
- Strictly judge to star alongside local youngsters in Dartford panto
- Campaign to get 80s star Sonia to Christmas number one starts in Bromley
- Jason Manford set to star in Mel Brooks' The Producers which debuts in Bromley