Forget the gaudy get-ups, freak shows, tiny cars and over-the-top showmanship, because circus is being stripped back at a critically-acclaimed show on the South Bank.
A Simple Space by the Australian company Gravity and Other Myths is at the Udderbelly until July 6.
The winner of the Adelaide Festival’s Best Circus award, it promises world class acrobatics and circus in its purest form, with no artificial colours or flavours.
Seven performers – five men and two women – dressed all in white occupy a 6.5m by 4m mat with the audience just inches away as they form human towers and skipping ropes, swing from the rafters and showcase dangerous, bone-bending stunts.
Tickets cost from £12.50 at udderbelly.co.uk, on 0844 545 8282 or at the Southbank Centre box office.
- The First Hippo on the Moon by David Walliams comes to Bromley
- Laugh out loud at Jody Kamali's Beckenham and Petts Wood Comedy Cabarets
- Wonderland starring Naomi Morris comes to Churchill Theatre in Bromley
- Charlie Condo and Victoria Yeates star in The Crucible at Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Jonathan Maitland's Dead Sheep comes to the Churchill Theatre, Bromley