Forget the gaudy get-ups, freak shows, tiny cars and over-the-top showmanship, because circus is being stripped back at a critically-acclaimed show on the South Bank.
A Simple Space by the Australian company Gravity and Other Myths is at the Udderbelly until July 6.
The winner of the Adelaide Festival’s Best Circus award, it promises world class acrobatics and circus in its purest form, with no artificial colours or flavours.
Seven performers – five men and two women – dressed all in white occupy a 6.5m by 4m mat with the audience just inches away as they form human towers and skipping ropes, swing from the rafters and showcase dangerous, bone-bending stunts.
Tickets cost from £12.50 at udderbelly.co.uk, on 0844 545 8282 or at the Southbank Centre box office.
- Dartford gets world premiere of Peter James’ latest thriller
- Sherlock's last episode and bringing Branagh’s Romeo and Juliet to the cinema – we talk to director Benjamin Caron
- Stand Up to Cancer gala performance added to Greenwich Comedy Festival
- PICTURED: Let it Be cast paint Kent submarine yellow ahead of Dartford show
- Milton Jones tells us about joke theft and fellow comedians as he gears up for Balham and Greenwich Comedy Festivals