With the World Cup on its way and the prospect of long summer days, it won’t be long until you will want to be re-enacting Ronaldo’s worldies in any green space you can find.
Vibe’s picked out five of the best places to go for a kickabout with your mates.
Where do you go to punt a ball around with your friends? Leave a comment below...
Enormous and fairly flat, the common is perfect for a bit of jumpers for goalposts action with friends. As a bonus, you can trek over and pick up some lovely grub in Blackheath. Half time ice cream from Black Vanilla anyone? Just watch out, it gets windy on the common.
Mayplace Recreation Ground, Perry Street, Crayford
You won’t need nifty Adam Lallana-style footwork to avoid dogs’ mess, as the 11 acre ground is dog-free and has three full-sized pitches and a couple of synthetic five a side areas.
Goldenballs himself opened the David Beckham Academy next to the O2 in 2005, but his involvement ended in 2010 and it carried on as the London Soccerdome.
It’s Europe’s biggest indoor football facility and yours to hire out. But be quick, it’s due to close down on October 31 to make way for housing. Go to thelondonsoccerdome.com
Goals, all over
Five-a-side fans can get their spills on various artificial pitch complexes throughout south east London run by Goals. The company has venues at Dartford, Bexleyheath, Eltham and two in Beckenham. Go to goalsfootball.co.uk
Petts Wood Recreation Ground, Eynsford Close, Petts Wood
There’s no need to bring your jumpers (except, in England you always need a jumper) because the goalposts are handily provided.
- What’s on this weekend: 11 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent
- PICTURED: An Olympic champion, Nobel prize winner and Doreen Lawrence among those #ProudtobeGreenwich
- Chance to join amazing adventurer in climb up the O2 for Father’s Day
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term