Who doesn’t love a good pub quiz? The chance to pit your general knowledge against others in a friendly battle of who-knows-the-most-random-information while enjoying a drink with some mates – what a great way to spend an evening.
Of course, one of the joys of doing a pub quiz is the pub quiz team name, both in terms of inventing a name for your own team and hearing other people’s creations – all of which of course have to read out at regular intervals by the poor quizmaster!
For a bit of fun,we're asking what’s the greatest pub quiz team name?
What’s been your proudest moment in team name creating? What’s the most amusing or pun-tastic team name you’ve ever heard?
Here are 13 favourites to give you some inspiration:
Celeb or showbiz based:
1. Trivia Newton John
2. E=MC Hammer
3. Quizteama Aguilera
4. Tequila Mockingbird
5. Agatha Quiztie
6. Games of Phones
Play on words:
7. Norfolk and Chance (bit rude, admittedly)
8. Spanish Win-quiz-Mission
9. Taking Care of Quizness
10. Blood, Sweat and Beers
11. Ken Dodd’s Dad’s Dog’s Dead
12. Please Evacuate The Pub This Is Not A Drill
13. Some Friends of Mine Who've Already Seen The Answers
If you think you’ve used or heard better before, send your suggestions for the most hilarious pub quiz team name via the comments below or by email. Keep it clean and in reasonable good taste please.
Speaking of pubs, thanks for your views on what the best boozer in south-east London and north Kent is – keep them ccoming on this article here if there are any top ones missing.
- VIDEO: Donna 'Train' loves rail travel - but do you love or loathe it?
- 'Ketchup should be kept in cupboard' - do you agree with Boris?
- How kitchens have gone hi-tech: Which gadget could you not live without?
- More than half of London workers have nodded off - do you ever sleep on the job?
- What’s your favourite fish and chip shop in south-east London and north Kent?