Neighbours are urged to get together for the sixth annual Big Lunch on Sunday (June 1).
Food writer and single mum Jack Monroe has shared five budget-friendly recipes from her book A Girl Called Jack to help bring people together.
The Big Lunch is the idea of the Eden Project to get people to have lunch with their neighbours once a year, for a few hours of community, friendship and fun.
Jack, who started creating nutritious recipes for her and her son on a tight budget and then started sharing them on her website – agirlcalledjack.com – said: “The Big Lunch is a fantastic opportunity to get local communities together over a bite to eat.
“I hope my recipes will help show that everyone can take part in a Big Lunch and bringing something to the table doesn’t have to cost much at all.
“It’s not too late to get involved on Sunday 1 June – all you need is a few neighbours and some delicious food and you’ve got the ingredients for a great day.”
Go to thebiglunch.com
- PICTURED: Bromley's Miller and Carter impart their top tips for the perfect steak
- Dine like James Bond: restaurants where 007 ate revealed
- Orpington's Finest businesses revealed - as is cinema's potential opening date
- French restaurant Côte Brasserie coming to Chislehurst
- PICTURED: Take a look at the Princess of Wales pub in Blackheath’s right royal refurb