Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
The Big Lunch aims to get neighbours eating together
Neighbours are urged to get together for the sixth annual Big Lunch on Sunday (June 1).
Food writer and single mum Jack Monroe has shared five budget-friendly recipes from her book A Girl Called Jack to help bring people together.
The Big Lunch is the idea of the Eden Project to get people to have lunch with their neighbours once a year, for a few hours of community, friendship and fun.
Jack, who started creating nutritious recipes for her and her son on a tight budget and then started sharing them on her website – agirlcalledjack.com – said: “The Big Lunch is a fantastic opportunity to get local communities together over a bite to eat.
“I hope my recipes will help show that everyone can take part in a Big Lunch and bringing something to the table doesn’t have to cost much at all.
“It’s not too late to get involved on Sunday 1 June – all you need is a few neighbours and some delicious food and you’ve got the ingredients for a great day.”
Go to thebiglunch.com
- Pink Lady apple Persian jewelled rice with pan-seared pomegranate duck
- Review: Wine tasting at Vinopolis
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Tried and tested: Sidcup Place Brewers Fayre expands to takeaway service
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
Comments are closed on this article.