Highly-rated live act Arcade Fire will open the first night of the British Summer Time festival at Hyde Park on July 3.
The million-selling, Grammy-winning band will be supported by Wild Beasts and Future Islands.
Arcade Fire, who topped the charts in the UK and US with their latest album Reflektor, are renowned for their live shows.
Costume and formal clothing is encouraged and the carnival atmosphere is heightened by Haitian percussionists and a string section on stage. They are also famed for their special guests on stage, which have included Debbie Harry, Beck and Spiderman Andrew Garfield.
Headliners already announced for the Barclaycard-sponsored festival include Black Sabbath leading a huge day of rock on July 4, The Libertines on July 5, McBusted on July 6, Neil Young July 12 and Tom Jones on July 3.
Barclaycard presale tickets are available from 9am Monday 19th May, here.
BST/AEG presale: 9am Wednesday 21st May
GENERAL ON-SALE: 9am Friday 23rd May
Tickets from £59.50 + fees
Go to bst-hydepark.com
- Robert Plant joins star-studded Rolling Stone birthday bill at BluesFest in Greenwich
- ‘Fame is not something I have ever wanted’ – why shyness is not holding singer Birdy back as she heads out on tour
- Jazz musician names new album after Plumstead road near where he grew up
- PICTURES: 14 things we learnt from Bryan Adams’ gig at Sandown Park
- Lianne La Havas headlines LeeFest packed with pirates, mermaids and 'unmissable moments'