Highly-rated live act Arcade Fire will open the first night of the British Summer Time festival at Hyde Park on July 3.
The million-selling, Grammy-winning band will be supported by Wild Beasts and Future Islands.
Arcade Fire, who topped the charts in the UK and US with their latest album Reflektor, are renowned for their live shows.
Costume and formal clothing is encouraged and the carnival atmosphere is heightened by Haitian percussionists and a string section on stage. They are also famed for their special guests on stage, which have included Debbie Harry, Beck and Spiderman Andrew Garfield.
Headliners already announced for the Barclaycard-sponsored festival include Black Sabbath leading a huge day of rock on July 4, The Libertines on July 5, McBusted on July 6, Neil Young July 12 and Tom Jones on July 3.
Barclaycard presale tickets are available from 9am Monday 19th May, here.
BST/AEG presale: 9am Wednesday 21st May
GENERAL ON-SALE: 9am Friday 23rd May
Tickets from £59.50 + fees
Go to bst-hydepark.com
- Bros are back! Matt and Luke Goss reunite for gig at The O2
- Bucks Fizz's Cheryl Baker is ready to roll back the years in Bromley
- 'We have had 40 years of practice at what we do': pop icon Toyah Willcox is ready for the 80s Invasion in Greenwich
- 'I thought they had booked me by accident' - we chat to Rebecca Ferguson about performing with music legends, her new album and tour
- Grime superstars and NME to open Boxpark Croydon at two-day festival