England cricket legends Kevin Pietersen and Michael Vaughan are among the stars coming to Greenhithe to launch a competition where shoppers can win a luxury 5-star holiday for four.
World Champion sand sculpture artist Mark Anderson has built a six tonne replica of the Dubai hotel Atlantis, The Palm.
Shoppers can enter the contest by taking a selfie with the sculpture and posting it on social media with the hastag #AtlantisSelfie, with winners announced in June.
The 2008 X Factor winner Alexandra Burke, who has sold more than four million records, said: “It is going to be a lot of fun because people are going to be really shocked that there’s a massive sculpture of the hotel.
“Bluewater is such an awesome that people go to at the weekend so people will be in for a real surprise and a real treat. So many people love to take selfies.
“I’m quite a fan of selfies. I shall be starting and kicking it off with a selfie.”
The star will be taking a day off from rehearsals as she prepares to star in The Bodyguard in the West End from June 2 until the end of August.
She said: “The rehearsals are gruelling. I’m only in the second week now.
“I came off-script in seven days, walked into rehearsals and the associate director Frank gave me back the Saturday and cut some of my mornings because apparently I’m working very hard and am well ahead of where I should be, which is a very good sign.
“We’ll see how long that lasts.
“My life right now is literally, when I come home I listen to Whitney songs.
“When I was on holiday, all I did was read the scripts. My life has been literally, The Bodyguard.”
Alexandra will take on the role of Rachel Marron, currently played by soul queen Beverley Knight, and made famous by Whitney Houston in the film version.
She said: “It is such an honour to be able to play the part that Whitney made so famous. I’m a big fan of Whitney’s music, I always have been. She’s one of my idols. It is just a real honour and a privilege.”
Even though Alexandra is famed for having a huge voice, the songs – particularly I Will Always Love You – are undoubtedly tough to do justice.
Alexandra said: “Singing anything to do with Whitney, or other legends – Mariah, Gladys Knight, Aretha Franklin – will always be a challenge because they are big songs.
“Thank god, I’m up for the challenge and thank god for my mother, who is my vocal coach and helps me through everything. I’ve been singing these songs since I was a little girl.”
Her mum Melissa Bell, who was in Soul II Soul, has had an huge affect as Alexandra prepares for the role.
She said: “My mum is definitely my inspiration for the role.
“She’s a single mother, strong, sophisticated, always put food on the table and continued her career until she gave up singing for her kids. She was always a strong woman in my life and Rachel (the character) is that.”
If you’re a fan of Alexandra’s music, a treat is just around the corner. She’s finished recording a new album and is waiting for the right time to release it.
She said: “I really want to concentrate on The Bodyguard and not have anything else on my focus. “Once that’s done, we’ll have a release date put out.
“It is really different. It’s very voice driven.
“Elements of pop are in the album but it is a really great mix of soul, pop, R and B, and dance as well. It is all about the voice. When I was making the album, I kept saying to my managers I want an element of early Whitney meets Coldplay.”
- Little Mix to play show at historic Greenwich venue
- Unsigned soul singer from Catford tops BBC Sound Of 2017
- Concert in memory of Beckenham's David Bowie to be held on what would have been his 70th birthday
- VIDEO: South London band soundtrack John Lewis Christmas advert
- Bros are back! Matt and Luke Goss reunite for gig at The O2
- Jonathan Maitland's Dead Sheep comes to the Churchill Theatre, Bromley
- See it first in Bromley - Churchill Theatre announces launch new nationwide tours
- Theatre review: Matilda turns five in style in the West End
- 'It’s infectious and genuine and unbelievably powerful' - the Buddy Holly Story heading to Dartford
- Joe Pasquale tells us why he is excited about Snow White in Dartford this Christmas
MORE OUT AND ABOUT
- 10 top tips to get you swimming better from Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin
- Get fit with these 11 exercise classes to try out this winter - for FREE
- Light on time for the festive season at Kew
- Holidays are coming: This is where you'll be able to see the Coca-Cola Christmas truck in London
- You'll eat, drink and be merry on your break to enjoy this food festival