Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Farnborough woman organises Calendar Girls party for hundreds
An amateur dramatics enthusiast from Farnborough organised a huge charity party for women who got their kit off on stage.
Around 220 women and men came from theatre groups across the country to Laura Kenward’s Calendar Girls charity after party on Sunday (May 11) in Yorkshire to celebrate the hundreds of amateur groups that had put the show on, and to raise money for Leukaemia Lymphoma Research (LLR).
The show’s writer Tim Firth attended alongside the original calendar girls.
The party had high tea and champagne and listened to the original calendar girls talk about how it all began before the audience all sang Jerusalem.
Laura, who played Elaine in the show at Bromley Little Theatre, said: “I am so proud to have been part of this amazing journey and thank everyone for coming along. This isn’t the end though – I will keep raising money for LLR.”
- Irish dancers take to Dartford High Street
- South east London and north Kent ballet youngsters picked for major Bromley show
- Greenwich Comedy Festival to return with big names and new home
- Kent choir to join Brit winner Blake on stage in Dartford
- Free theatre tickets to be left around Bromley for residents to find
Comments are closed on this article.