A community choir have been chosen to perform alongside Brit Award-winning vocal group Blake in Bromley.
Popchoir - who rehearse weekly in Chislehurst, Dulwich and Croydon – will join the trio on stage at The Churchill Theatre on Sunday, May 18.
The members of Blake all found their love of music as youngsters in various groups and choirs, so they looked to share that passion with the communities they are visiting on their tour.
Popchoir, who recently sang with heritage rock act Foreigner as well as at the Ideal Home Show, London Marathon and Olympic Park, will perform some of Blake’s well-known classic-pop songs with them and perform one tune from their own repertoire.
Popchoir are best known for featuring the music video for Josh Groban’s I Believe last year.
Founder and director Helen Hampton said: “We’re delighted that Blake has asked us to perform with them at their Bromley concert.
“As our name would suggest, we are known for our repertoire of pop songs, and so this will give us an opportunity to show our versatility as we crossover into the more classical sound of Blake.
“We’re also delighted to have the chance to sing at the Churchill Theatre which is a lovely venue and very familiar to all our members.”
Go to atgtickets.com/Bromley or call 0844 8717620.
- Watch the surreal new video for Good Grief from south Londoners Bastille
- Bromley’s cult musical hero Billy Jenkins’ friends plans celebratory 60th birthday gig
- Meantime's Beer Box returns with FREE gigs
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig
- ‘I used to toboggan down the hill at Greenwich Park’ - Steve Harley talks ahead of his Greenwich Music Time show