Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Community choir to join Brit winner Blake on stage in Bromley
A community choir have been chosen to perform alongside Brit Award-winning vocal group Blake in Bromley.
Popchoir - who rehearse weekly in Chislehurst, Dulwich and Croydon – will join the trio on stage at The Churchill Theatre on Sunday, May 18.
The members of Blake all found their love of music as youngsters in various groups and choirs, so they looked to share that passion with the communities they are visiting on their tour.
Popchoir, who recently sang with heritage rock act Foreigner as well as at the Ideal Home Show, London Marathon and Olympic Park, will perform some of Blake’s well-known classic-pop songs with them and perform one tune from their own repertoire.
Popchoir are best known for featuring the music video for Josh Groban’s I Believe last year.
Founder and director Helen Hampton said: “We’re delighted that Blake has asked us to perform with them at their Bromley concert.
“As our name would suggest, we are known for our repertoire of pop songs, and so this will give us an opportunity to show our versatility as we crossover into the more classical sound of Blake.
“We’re also delighted to have the chance to sing at the Churchill Theatre which is a lovely venue and very familiar to all our members.”
Go to atgtickets.com/Bromley or call 0844 8717620.
- 'A lot of bridges were burnt': East 17 discuss new line-up and London gig next week
- South east London band Josh Flowers and the Wild discuss local music scene, festivals and Magners gig
- Wu Tang Clan's Raekwon, DJ Yoda and Scratch Perverts join Greenwich's Brooklyn Bowl line-up
- Actor Joe McGann talks about his Bromley-bound show April in Paris and sibling rivalry
- 6 thoughts from British Summer Time family day at Hyde Park
Comments are closed on this article.