Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
VIDEO Dartford teen Harvey set for pop success
A Dartford schoolboy could be this summer’s teen sensation hitting the charts.
Fifteen-year-old Harvey Cantwell, from Hartley, released his debut single Thank You on May 4 after being signed as Universal’s priority act for the summer.
Harvey began by posting Youtube videos from his kitchen and his first gig was in front of 25,000 fans alongside acts such as Jessie J and JLS at the Madejski Stadium.
He was signed by A&R Rich Castillo, who discovered N-Dubz.
Mr Castillo said: “Harvey is one of the most exciting young talents I've seen in years.
“After seeing him online I met him straight away. His voice is unique and his delivery is that of someone twice his age.
“He's a natural, technical singer with a hunger for perfection.”
Harvey’s Thank You is out now.
- VIDEO: Bromley pop star Pixie Lott took 'risk' with new album
- Interview: Deptford band Athlete ready for rare homecoming gig at On Blackheath festival
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Nashville actor Sam Palladio's southern US accent was made in Sidcup
Comments are closed on this article.