Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
VIDEO Dartford teen Harvey set for pop success
A Dartford schoolboy could be this summer’s teen sensation hitting the charts.
Fifteen-year-old Harvey Cantwell, from Hartley, released his debut single Thank You on May 4 after being signed as Universal’s priority act for the summer.
Harvey began by posting Youtube videos from his kitchen and his first gig was in front of 25,000 fans alongside acts such as Jessie J and JLS at the Madejski Stadium.
He was signed by A&R Rich Castillo, who discovered N-Dubz.
Mr Castillo said: “Harvey is one of the most exciting young talents I've seen in years.
“After seeing him online I met him straight away. His voice is unique and his delivery is that of someone twice his age.
“He's a natural, technical singer with a hunger for perfection.”
Harvey’s Thank You is out now.
- 'A lot of bridges were burnt': East 17 discuss new line-up and London gig next week
- South east London band Josh Flowers and the Wild discuss local music scene, festivals and Magners gig
- Wu Tang Clan's Raekwon, DJ Yoda and Scratch Perverts join Greenwich's Brooklyn Bowl line-up
- Actor Joe McGann talks about his Bromley-bound show April in Paris and sibling rivalry
- 6 thoughts from British Summer Time family day at Hyde Park
Comments are closed on this article.