Oh my god, you won’t believe it. Actually, you probably will – the Kaiser Chiefs will play the O2 in Greenwich next year.
The band - who topped the album charts with their fifth studio effort Education, Education, Education and War and were boosted by frontman Ricky Wilson’s stint on The Voice – will return to the venue on February 13.
The Leeds band first performed at the O2’s opening in June 2007.
Ricky said: “The last few months have been great - we're enjoying playing the new album and getting our songs ready for our festival slots and then, to top it off, we get to start next year at the 02."
The Kaiser Chiefs are currently touring Europe and play festivals, including V Festival, this summer.
Tickets go on sale on Friday (April 25) at gigsandtours.com or on 0844 811 0051.
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig
- ‘I used to toboggan down the hill at Greenwich Park’ - Steve Harley talks ahead of his Greenwich Music Time show
- LeeFest 2016's secret Kent location revealed
- 6 south London* Eurovision 2016 parties not to be missed
- Croydon rappers Krept and Konan: 'We thought if this doesn’t work, we don’t know what the hell we’re going to do'