Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Stamp club to celebrate 50 years
A Bexley stamp society is celebrating its 50th anniversary with an all day stamp fair next month.
The Bexley Philatelic Society will hold its golden anniversary celebrations at The Freemantle Hall in Bexley High Street on May 17.
Visitors will be able to have their stamps valued by dealers at the fair and an exchange will be held where stamps can be exchanged by fellow enthusiasts.
The society began in 1964, in the home of founders Chris and Phyll Carr and has grown to almost 100 members.
Prominent Bexley philatelists include Hillary Norwood, the husband of famous Cold-war spy Melita.
Email secretary Adrian Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Erith shopping centre plans Pet Day
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
- 11 things you must see this week (July 23 to 30)
Comments are closed on this article.