Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Stamp club to celebrate 50 years
A Bexley stamp society is celebrating its 50th anniversary with an all day stamp fair next month.
The Bexley Philatelic Society will hold its golden anniversary celebrations at The Freemantle Hall in Bexley High Street on May 17.
Visitors will be able to have their stamps valued by dealers at the fair and an exchange will be held where stamps can be exchanged by fellow enthusiasts.
The society began in 1964, in the home of founders Chris and Phyll Carr and has grown to almost 100 members.
Prominent Bexley philatelists include Hillary Norwood, the husband of famous Cold-war spy Melita.
Email secretary Adrian Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- Visit the Owletts as National Trust launches the Great British Walk
- VIDEO: New Thames Clippers deal could see passenger numbers rocket
- 5 things to see and do in...Catford
- 15 things you need to see or do this week
Comments are closed on this article.