YOUNG actors from Sydenham and Beckenham are starring in a hit West End musical.
Kiano Samuels, 11, and ten-year-old Joshua Tikare from Beckenham, have joined the cast of The Bodyguard at the Adelphi Theatre.
The pair are sharing the part of Fletcher, the son of Rachel Marron (a role made famous by Whitney Houston and currently performed by British soul queen Beverley Knight).
Though he is only 10, Kiano has already appeared in BBC primetime drama Truckers, having trained at J’s Dance Factory and St Michael’s Primary School in Sydenham and sung in his church choir.
Joshua’s potential was spotted at Debbie Fyffe Theatre School in Orpington, which encouraged him to audition for a role in the West End adaptation of Matilda, in which he won the part of Nigel.
His mum put him forward for the Bodyguard and he is thrilled to be back on stage in London.
The boys will endure six months of rehearsals, balancing days as long as 10 hours with school work and performances.
Go to thebodyguardmusical.com
- PICTURED: West End leading lady launches Bromley musical theatre school
- Forest Hill playwright's Upper Cut draws on Lewisham's tense racial politics
- Stars to turn out to celebrate Greenwich comedy legend Malcolm Hardee's life
- Strictly stars Caroline Flack and Simon Webbe can't wait to waltz into Greenwich
- Phill Jupitus joins Jason Manford and Louie Spence as The Producers readies Bromley premiere