Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Schoolboys from Sydenham and Beckenham star in The Bodyguard in the West End
YOUNG actors from Sydenham and Beckenham are starring in a hit West End musical.
Kiano Samuels, 11, and ten-year-old Joshua Tikare from Beckenham, have joined the cast of The Bodyguard at the Adelphi Theatre.
The pair are sharing the part of Fletcher, the son of Rachel Marron (a role made famous by Whitney Houston and currently performed by British soul queen Beverley Knight).
Though he is only 10, Kiano has already appeared in BBC primetime drama Truckers, having trained at J’s Dance Factory and St Michael’s Primary School in Sydenham and sung in his church choir.
Joshua’s potential was spotted at Debbie Fyffe Theatre School in Orpington, which encouraged him to audition for a role in the West End adaptation of Matilda, in which he won the part of Nigel.
His mum put him forward for the Bodyguard and he is thrilled to be back on stage in London.
The boys will endure six months of rehearsals, balancing days as long as 10 hours with school work and performances.
Go to thebodyguardmusical.com
- Irish dancers take to Dartford High Street
- South east London and north Kent ballet youngsters picked for major Bromley show
- Greenwich Comedy Festival to return with big names and new home
- Kent choir to join Brit winner Blake on stage in Dartford
- Free theatre tickets to be left around Bromley for residents to find
Comments are closed on this article.