DEPTFORD based retro rockers The Fruitful Earth’s second album is ripe for release.
Following on from their 2011 self-titled debut, Rising Sun will be released on April 28 and was recorded in Albury Court Studios in Deptford.
Goldsmiths graduate Sarah Blair leads the band with her endearing songwriting and piano chops which recall classic 60s and 70s rock like Elton John.
Sarah has collaborated with Andrew J Jones, whose production CV includes fellow south east Londoners Squeeze.
The band will play The Pelton Arms in Greenwich on June 6.
- Meet X Factor boyband Union J in Thamesmead
- Bette Midler adds second Greenwich show
- PICTURED: Chislehurst's Pixie Lott performs and then chats to Vibe at album launch
- X Factor: Stereo Kicks - and Welling's Charlie Jones - march into final five
- Fleetwood Mac add fifth Greenwich show