DEPTFORD based retro rockers The Fruitful Earth’s second album is ripe for release.
Following on from their 2011 self-titled debut, Rising Sun will be released on April 28 and was recorded in Albury Court Studios in Deptford.
Goldsmiths graduate Sarah Blair leads the band with her endearing songwriting and piano chops which recall classic 60s and 70s rock like Elton John.
Sarah has collaborated with Andrew J Jones, whose production CV includes fellow south east Londoners Squeeze.
The band will play The Pelton Arms in Greenwich on June 6.
- Chart topper Jamie Lawson tells us how a chance meeting with Ed Sheeran in Balham changed his life
- 80th birthday concert for Lewisham’s Rolling Stone Bill Wyman as part of BluesFest in Greenwich
- Watch the surreal new video for Good Grief from south Londoners Bastille
- Bromley’s cult musical hero Billy Jenkins’ friends plans celebratory 60th birthday gig
- Meantime's Beer Box returns with FREE gigs