Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- CUTE PETS FINAL: Time to vote for the adorable animal you think should win
- SHUT UP! Things wrapped in bacon are good - but these 10 new business phrases you'll soon hate are not
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- These are the last five animals through to the final of our Cute Pets competition
- SPOTTED: Loch Ness Monster in Beckenham park
- PICTURES: Which of these last 22 adorable animals should win a place in our Cute Pets final?
- IN PICTURES: Christmas time, kids get set to whine – these will be the top toys this year
- 18 things that will definitely happen during Euro 2016
- These are the 10 cats through to our Cute Pets final - now we want your 'other' animal photos
- REVEALED: Dating app photo turn-ons and turn-offs - plus most popular colour underwear for first dates