Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
11 ways the world was VERY different when Kate Bush last toured in 1979
6:30am Thursday 27th March 2014 in Leisure latest news
Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- VIDEO: Keston boxing champion David Haye presents the weather - for dogs
- Revealed: 10 things men think about when booking a date venue
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- One in five mums announce birth on Facebook within half an hour
- 10 of the worst excuses for drivers stopping illegally on hard shoulder of motorways
- QUIZ: 7 questions to test how well you know your local area
- 26 incredible photos of lightning storm over London and north Kent
- QUIZ: Does a certain someone want to be more than just friends?
- 14 tips and advice to stay safe in thunderstorms and lightning
- 5 things to see and do in...Chelsfield
Comments are closed on this article.