Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- 11 ideas for what to do with your extra hour when the clocks go back
- 11 obscure ghosts haunting Bromley
- 10 of the best from a decade of Bromley Comedy Club
- QUIZ: Take our Halloween test to see how brave you really are
- Santa spotted in Gravesend - and later branded an imposter
- Stat Chat: Top 5 tips for happy life - with 58 revealed to be best age
- Top 10 facts you probably didn't know about autumn
- Stat Chat: London’s top 5 favourite restaurant cuisines
- 10 weird McDonald’s facts as chain celebrates 40 years since opening first UK branch in Woolwich
- Stat Chat: Top 10 words of wisdom – sayings that have stuck with us since childhood