SPRING has sprung upon us and with the new season comes new life and a helping hand from nature which allows us to blossom, writes Zumba instructor and health coach Kadie Brooke.
With a ‘spring’ in our step it is time to take a leap of faith and begin a new health regime that really enhances the beauty we have within us.
Being fit and healthy should not be a destination, but a way of life.
Here are my 5 simple buzz tips for spring that will have you buzzing more than a honey bee:
1. Set your health GOALS and REGRETS. Be honest with yourself and write down how you feel when you are tired, stagnant or bloated, compared to thriving and fit.
2. Prepare yourself for change. Plan your meals and structure your fitness regime.
3. Find a form of exercise that works for you. It be boxing, dancing, jogging, swimming, skipping or gym. Dance-fitness works for me.
4. No excuses. A busy parent? Kids will join in. Not enough money? YouTube is fab! No time? Not even 5 minutes a day?
5. Stock up on fresh, wholesome ingredients to prepare quick meals and snacks to prevent eating junk when hunger strikes.
6. Be kind to yourself. Celebrate every step of progress and never feel guilty when you ‘fail’. Jump back on the unicorn right away, no need to wait until Monday. Determination is always victorious.
7. Remember, this should be experimental and fun. Be proud of your new way of life.
- 'Unique' off-road cycling event in Bromley will raise charity cash
- REVEALED: Londoners prefer sex standing up
- 8 sleeping positions for couples - and what they say about your relationship
- The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels talks about coming to Greenwich, reaching goals and Katie Hopkins
- 5 must-haves to keep you fit and healthy in 2015