GIVE this up-do with a twist a go this spring with these great tips from Laura Fleming and Danneka Hodson of Unique Hair and Beauty at Erith Riverside Shopping Centre.
It’s striking and great for a night out, dinner date or even a wedding.
1. Firstly, take a small section of hair on the side of your head and pin the rest out of the way. Divide the smaller section into four or five parts and twist around your finger into loops. Spray with plenty of hairspray and pin.
2. Pin a small section of hair immediately under the curls created in stage one and pin to the side – we will use this section of hair in stage 4. You will be left with a large section of hair which will need to be backcombed and then pinned back – this will be used to create an oversized bun.
3. To create the bun, take sections of the hair and curl inwards pinning each part into position as you go.
4. Finally, once the bun has been pinned, take the final loose section and plait. Once it has been fully plaited simply wrap it around the bun and pin. Remove the pins holding stage 1 in place and give your hairstyle another blast with hairspray and voila! The perfect up do – with a twist!
Call 01322 351664 or pop in.
- Health warning over 'explosive exercises' causing injuries to young fitness fanatics
- 15 south London sports and athletics clubs that trained Olympic athletes
- Britain's biggest obstacle course, inspired by Total Wipeout, comes to Brands Hatch
- 10 amazing exercises to do with your dog
- 6 dos and don'ts of joining a gym – fitness experts share their tips