SHAKESPEARE’S tragedy Macbeth will have a three week run in Penge as the Bridge House Theatre celebrates its first birthday.
The Scottish play will run at the intimate 50-seat theatre from March 28, starring a seven-strong cast of seasoned West End pros whose credits include the likes of Jersey Boys, Les Mis, Guys and Dolls and Phantom of the Opera.
Theatre director Guy Retallack said the Bridge House Theatre is contributing to a limited theatre scene in South London.
He believes Penge as an area is changing greatly, a place calling out for local theatre.
He said: “We are really passionate about making and establishing an audience. It’s about finding titles with complexity and creativity behind them to captivate audiences. To do a three-week run of Macbeth in South London is quite something.”
Tickets cost from £11 (or from £7.50 for preview shows on March 26 and 27) at bhtheatre.co.uk
- TOWIE's Mark Wright, Caroline Flack and more join Strictly Live tour
- 'I'm going to be absolutely cacking it': Jason Manford on starring in The Producers in Bromley
- Christmas show in Greenwich for kids too young for panto
- 9 amazingly weird things we learnt about south east Londoners from YouGov profiles
- VIDEO X Factor: Welling's Charlie Jones and Stereo Kicks swing through Big Band week