A WOOLWICH woman who suffered and survived years of sexual abuse has turned her distressing experiences into a positive by writing a novel.
Maureen Worrell, 51, says her novel The Journey of I and I is based on her personal experiences.
A former NHS office administrator and qualified Counselor, Maureen said: “It evolved and came to fruition after years of keeping a personal journal as a way to cope.”
She added: “I wanted to share this story to give all children and all adults who were once those children, a voice.”
Maureen hopes the book, which is selling well in Sweden, Switzerland and the US as well as the UK, will help with giving courage to all those silent voices and form part of a trilogy and hopes to have the second novel published later this year.
Get the book at amazon.co.uk
- Author Stella Duffy discusses action-packed Fun Palaces and shares writing tips
- Ladywell political cartoonist's brutally funny book highlights coalition's bumpy ride
- Women's vote battle recounted in controversial book by Forest Hill author
- New children's book based on Charles Darwin's adventures in Downe, Bromley
- Stuffed animals, book signings and sea shanties: Literary happenings across London