Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Author turns abuse into novel to give courage to others
A WOOLWICH woman who suffered and survived years of sexual abuse has turned her distressing experiences into a positive by writing a novel.
Maureen Worrell, 51, says her novel The Journey of I and I is based on her personal experiences.
A former NHS office administrator and qualified Counselor, Maureen said: “It evolved and came to fruition after years of keeping a personal journal as a way to cope.”
She added: “I wanted to share this story to give all children and all adults who were once those children, a voice.”
Maureen hopes the book, which is selling well in Sweden, Switzerland and the US as well as the UK, will help with giving courage to all those silent voices and form part of a trilogy and hopes to have the second novel published later this year.
Get the book at amazon.co.uk
- QUIZ: Does a certain someone want to be more than just friends?
- POLL: Can guys and girls ever be just friends? New novel set in south east London explores topic
- The Miniaturist author reveals her love for Forest Hill and tips for budding writers
- Spielberg to direct film adaptation of book illustrated by Sidcup's Quentin Blake
- From Coronation Street to black magic: Petts Wood soap journalist pens romantic novel
Comments are closed on this article.