A WOOLWICH woman who suffered and survived years of sexual abuse has turned her distressing experiences into a positive by writing a novel.
Maureen Worrell, 51, says her novel The Journey of I and I is based on her personal experiences.
A former NHS office administrator and qualified Counselor, Maureen said: “It evolved and came to fruition after years of keeping a personal journal as a way to cope.”
She added: “I wanted to share this story to give all children and all adults who were once those children, a voice.”
Maureen hopes the book, which is selling well in Sweden, Switzerland and the US as well as the UK, will help with giving courage to all those silent voices and form part of a trilogy and hopes to have the second novel published later this year.
Get the book at amazon.co.uk
- Interview: Zom-B author Darren Shan talks to Vibe ahead of Bromley signing
- Strictly Come Dancing's Len Goodman to sign new book at Bluewater
- Bromley-born author Victoria Hislop: 'I'm sceptical about women writers getting fewer prizes'
- Bromley-born writer Victoria Hislop does book signing at intu Bromley
- Poet and performer Patience Agbabi reveals how she's Telling Tales on Gravesend