Largely thanks to the coverage I’ve provided over the past few months, Sony Computer Entertainment’s been able to announce it’s shifted more than six million units of its new PlayStation 4 console.
Here are some other figures amassed in less than four months since the PS4 launched:
13.7 million copies of games sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation Store.
2.1 million copies of Killzone Shadow Fall sold.
30-plus exciting titles in total so far.
3.6 million downloads of PlayStation App for IOS and Android phones and tablets.
100 million shares captured via the Share button on the wireless controller.
3.6 million gameplay broadcasts streamed from PS4 systems via video streaming platforms, Twitch and Ustream.
56 million spectate sessions from the gameplay broadcasts.
57 countries where the PS4 system is on sale.
Check out our latest games and tech news and reviews here or follow any of the links below for our newest articles.
- Stand and deliver: will standing up in the office revolutionise our work?
- Check out these 4 ingenious ways to ‘hide’ your TV
- Tech guide: which fitness tracker is right for you?
- These are your PlayStation Plus games for February on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita
- Steins;Gate review: UK PlayStation players get Japanese visual novel at last - but is it worth the wait?