Largely thanks to the coverage I’ve provided over the past few months, Sony Computer Entertainment’s been able to announce it’s shifted more than six million units of its new PlayStation 4 console.
Here are some other figures amassed in less than four months since the PS4 launched:
13.7 million copies of games sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation Store.
2.1 million copies of Killzone Shadow Fall sold.
30-plus exciting titles in total so far.
3.6 million downloads of PlayStation App for IOS and Android phones and tablets.
100 million shares captured via the Share button on the wireless controller.
3.6 million gameplay broadcasts streamed from PS4 systems via video streaming platforms, Twitch and Ustream.
56 million spectate sessions from the gameplay broadcasts.
57 countries where the PS4 system is on sale.
Check out our latest games and tech news and reviews here or follow any of the links below for our newest articles.
- Tech review: These headphones look good, sound good and will make your commuting more pleasant
- How to sell your tech if you need to make room or money for buying new PlayStation VR kit
- Amazon Echo and Alexa: Star Trek computer boldly goes into your living room one joke at a time
- UK’s largest Pokemon Go and trading card show heading to Kempton Park
- Here are some of the 100 new emoji you could soon be using on your iPhone