IF you like a boogie, then it’s well worth travelling down to the Bestival at the end of the summer.
King of disco Nile Rodgers brings Chic back to the festival on the Isle of Wight from September 4 to 7 as the Sunday headliner with his Desert Island Disco.
Festival organiser Rob da Bank said: “Ever since I first booked Chic and Nile for Bestival a few years back they have hands down been the best live band we've ever had at Bestival and Camp Bestival.
“And once people start realising how many hits Nile has written and produced for artists ranging from Madonna and David Bowie through to Daft Punk's ‘Get Lucky,’ you realise that this is just one huge disco jukebox that is gonna keep firing out the hits all night!
“I’m over the moon that Nile and the crew are going to wrap up our Desert Island Disco Finale with a damn funky, glittery bang. Everybody Dance!”
Nile Rodgers said, “I’m so excited to be back at Bestival, this time in the prestigious Sunday night headliner slot following legends Stevie Wonder and Elton John. Expect an extra special Desert Island Disco set from myself and Chic! Looking forward to seeing you all in September.”
On top of Nile, names already announced for Bestival include Busta Ryhmes, OutKast, Foals, Beck and Disclosure.
Tickets cost £195 adults, £189 students and £127 for 13 to 17-year-olds.
Go to bestival.net
- Watch the surreal new video for Good Grief from south Londoners Bastille
- Bromley’s cult musical hero Billy Jenkins’ friends plans celebratory 60th birthday gig
- Meantime's Beer Box returns with FREE gigs
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig
- ‘I used to toboggan down the hill at Greenwich Park’ - Steve Harley talks ahead of his Greenwich Music Time show