MUSIC and TV star David Essex will be rolling up his sleeves in the lead role of new play The Dishwashers when it comes to The Churchill Theatre in Bromley next month.
The ex-Eastender stars in Morris Panych’s show about a young City high flyer called Emmett – played by Torchwood and Emmerdale actor Rik Makarem – who was a customer in an upmarket restaurant only to return as a dishwasher when times are hard.
Alongside his new colleagues – the dominant self-apointed leader Dressler who has been happily scraping for 30 years and decrepit Moss – Emmett attacks the endless supply of crockery in a play of soapsuds, dispair and a search for existential meaning brought to life with wit and humour.
The Dishwashers is at The Churchill Theatre from March 10 to 15. Tickets £10 to £27. Call 0844 8717620 or go to atgtickets.com/bromley
- 10 of the best from a decade of Bromley Comedy Club
- Chance to audition for three plays in Bromley
- VIDEO Circus of Horrors girl pulls truck with her hair
- Triumphant return to the stage in Dartford for amateur society in Half a Sixpence
- Unusual French farce opens in Erith tonight