MUSIC and TV star David Essex will be rolling up his sleeves in the lead role of new play The Dishwashers when it comes to The Churchill Theatre in Bromley next month.
The ex-Eastender stars in Morris Panych’s show about a young City high flyer called Emmett – played by Torchwood and Emmerdale actor Rik Makarem – who was a customer in an upmarket restaurant only to return as a dishwasher when times are hard.
Alongside his new colleagues – the dominant self-apointed leader Dressler who has been happily scraping for 30 years and decrepit Moss – Emmett attacks the endless supply of crockery in a play of soapsuds, dispair and a search for existential meaning brought to life with wit and humour.
The Dishwashers is at The Churchill Theatre from March 10 to 15. Tickets £10 to £27. Call 0844 8717620 or go to atgtickets.com/bromley
- Wonderland starring Naomi Morris comes to Churchill Theatre in Bromley
- Charlie Condo and Victoria Yeates star in The Crucible at Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Jonathan Maitland's Dead Sheep comes to the Churchill Theatre, Bromley
- See it first in Bromley - Churchill Theatre announces launch new nationwide tours
- Theatre review: Matilda turns five in style in the West End