CELEBRATE east Asian food and culture during the six week Yam Yam festival in Deptford.
The programme of culinary and arts events kicked off on February 1 and runs until March 15, with The Albany theatre.
Among the attractions are a Yuki’s Kitchen, a pop-up Japanese restaurant on February 20, free cooking workshops with resident chef Jamima Fagita on Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm and culinary tours of Deptford High Street to discover the hidden gems for Curries and Vietnamese foods on February 15 and March 1 which include cooking food and sharing it at The Albany.
Among the arts events is Tales of Whatever from 7.30pm on Thursday (February 13), which involves live storytelling; some hilarious, some political and some emotional.
Go to thealbany.org.uk for more.
- Recipe: Sweet Eve strawberry, goats cheese and black pepper tart
- New Cross' The Royal Albert to serve up Kent ales at Octopump festival
- REVIEW: Belly dancing and Lebanese food at Comptoir Libanais, Bluewater
- REVIEW: Smiles all round at OnBlackheath music and food festival
- Thousands descend on Blackheath for inaugural music and food festival