CELEBRATE east Asian food and culture during the six week Yam Yam festival in Deptford.
The programme of culinary and arts events kicked off on February 1 and runs until March 15, with The Albany theatre.
Among the attractions are a Yuki’s Kitchen, a pop-up Japanese restaurant on February 20, free cooking workshops with resident chef Jamima Fagita on Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm and culinary tours of Deptford High Street to discover the hidden gems for Curries and Vietnamese foods on February 15 and March 1 which include cooking food and sharing it at The Albany.
Among the arts events is Tales of Whatever from 7.30pm on Thursday (February 13), which involves live storytelling; some hilarious, some political and some emotional.
Go to thealbany.org.uk for more.
- Pub chain will be first to tell drinkers how many calories they are consuming
- This 3D printer coming to Bromley is a SWEET deal - make an edible picture of yourself using candy
- Valentine’s Day: Top 10 London restaurants for special occasions
- GALLERY: The best places to celebrate National Pizza Day according to our readers
- PICTURES: 20 places to get a delicious hot chocolate drink - as recommended by you