CELEBRATE east Asian food and culture during the six week Yam Yam festival in Deptford.
The programme of culinary and arts events kicked off on February 1 and runs until March 15, with The Albany theatre.
Among the attractions are a Yuki’s Kitchen, a pop-up Japanese restaurant on February 20, free cooking workshops with resident chef Jamima Fagita on Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm and culinary tours of Deptford High Street to discover the hidden gems for Curries and Vietnamese foods on February 15 and March 1 which include cooking food and sharing it at The Albany.
Among the arts events is Tales of Whatever from 7.30pm on Thursday (February 13), which involves live storytelling; some hilarious, some political and some emotional.
Go to thealbany.org.uk for more.
- How did south London's bakers fare as the Great British Bake Off returned?
- Meet the Bagel Boss bringing snacks and protein to Woolwich
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola says thank you to Bromley
- PICTURED: Inside Sidcup’s new micro pub, The Hackney Carriage
- 15 of south London’s best afternoon teas – as chosen by you