CELEBRATE east Asian food and culture during the six week Yam Yam festival in Deptford.
The programme of culinary and arts events kicked off on February 1 and runs until March 15, with The Albany theatre.
Among the attractions are a Yuki’s Kitchen, a pop-up Japanese restaurant on February 20, free cooking workshops with resident chef Jamima Fagita on Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm and culinary tours of Deptford High Street to discover the hidden gems for Curries and Vietnamese foods on February 15 and March 1 which include cooking food and sharing it at The Albany.
Among the arts events is Tales of Whatever from 7.30pm on Thursday (February 13), which involves live storytelling; some hilarious, some political and some emotional.
Go to thealbany.org.uk for more.
- Recipe: Sophie Michell’s Sweet Eve strawberry, fig and rosewater salad
- Stat Chat: London’s top 5 favourite restaurant cuisines
- 10 weird McDonald’s facts as chain celebrates 40 years since opening first UK branch in Woolwich
- Celebrity chefs Chris and James Tanner officially open Orpington's new hospitality college
- VIDEO: Masterchef v Bake Off – the ultimate challenge for charity