PENSHURST Place will have a First World War theme this half term, with activities to commemorate the centenary of the conflict.
Throughout the week (February 15 to 23), youngsters can become reconnaissance soldiers to help save Penshurst from enemy invasion. The Secret Spy Trail will test spies’ cunning skills in hunting down and solving war-theme clues to find missing objects.
The trail, from 10.30am to dusk daily, is included within the admission fee.
Award-winning special effect artist Kate Griffiths will run a war wounds make-up workshop from 4pm to 6pm on Wednesday, February 19.
Children from seven and up will learn to create fake wounds using everyday materials and bandage them as they would have been in the Great War. Tickets £10.
Go to penshurstplace.com
- MAPPED: Firework displays 2014
- 10 inappropriate Hallowe'en costumes
- Fireworks and Halloween: What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent
- City's urban oasis to explore creatures of the night in Greenwich
- 15 things you need to see this week