Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Half term gets Great War theme with activities at Penshurst Place
PENSHURST Place will have a First World War theme this half term, with activities to commemorate the centenary of the conflict.
Throughout the week (February 15 to 23), youngsters can become reconnaissance soldiers to help save Penshurst from enemy invasion. The Secret Spy Trail will test spies’ cunning skills in hunting down and solving war-theme clues to find missing objects.
The trail, from 10.30am to dusk daily, is included within the admission fee.
Award-winning special effect artist Kate Griffiths will run a war wounds make-up workshop from 4pm to 6pm on Wednesday, February 19.
Children from seven and up will learn to create fake wounds using everyday materials and bandage them as they would have been in the Great War. Tickets £10.
Go to penshurstplace.com
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (July 26 to 27)
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Erith shopping centre plans Pet Day
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
Comments are closed on this article.