THEY say you have to be barking to want to work with animals.
But dogs from around the county have given theatre chiefs in Bromley paws for thought in the hunt for a Pup Idol.
Mischief Theatre and The Churchill in Bromley have been looking for skilled pooches to play a part in the comedy The Play That Goes Wrong early next month and more than 20 entries were received on Twitter and e-mail.
That number was whittled down to the six cutest doggies, who attended a photocall last Friday (January 25).
Three pups will be chosen by Wednesday – two by the producers and one voted for on social media. Go to facebook.com/churchilltheatrebromley.
The lucky owners will receive a pair of tickets to see the show on their dog’s night off and a family ticket see their pet on stage.
The finalists are:
• Leanne Faulkner, 24, from Maidstone with Hattie the Yorkshire Terrier.
• Gem Allen, 25, from Beckenham with Betsey the Chorkie
• Amy Palmer, 20, from Grove Park with Coffie the Malamute cross breed
• Emma Brack, 25, from Beckenham with Alfie the Yorkshire Terrier
• Joss Grant, 17, from Beckenham with Yogi the Cokadoodle
• Jamie Leadbetter, 31, from Ashford with Chester the spaniel
The Play That Goes Wrong is at the Churchill Theatre in Bromley from Monday, February 3, to Saturday, February 8. Tickets cost £10 to £25. Go to atgtickets.com/Bromley or call 0844 871 7620.