Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra play Bacharach for Valentine's
2:12pm Tuesday 21st January 2014 in Leisure latest news
FEEL romantic listening to the sounds of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing Burt Bacharach at Fairfield Halls on Saturday, February 15.
Valentine’s Day weekend is perfect to celebrate one of America’s most prolific songwriters, who has more than 40 hits, including Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head, Alfie and Walk On By.
The show will be conducted by Richard Balcombe and feature four West End soloists; Graham Bickley, Mary Carewe, Alison Jiear and Sarah Lark.
Graham said: “Richard Balcombe and I are extremely excited.
“The combination of our Burt Bacharach concert, played by the mighty Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at a venue that has hosted so many great stars of musical theatre and opera, is surely a recipe for yet another glorious evening in Croydon. We can't wait.”
Tickets cost £12 to £31.50 at fairfield.co.uk or by calling 020 8688 9291.
- Irish dancers take to Dartford High Street
- South east London and north Kent ballet youngsters picked for major Bromley show
- Greenwich Comedy Festival to return with big names and new home
- Kent choir to join Brit winner Blake on stage in Dartford
- Free theatre tickets to be left around Bromley for residents to find