Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Here's looking at these, kid - classic films set for Greenwich screenings
Updated 4:39pm Wednesday 22nd January 2014 in Leisure latest news
CLASSIC movies are getting dusted off as Greenwich Picturehouse prepares to play ‘em again, Sam.
The boutique cinema is launching its Vintage Sundays season for six weeks in February and March, with ripsnorters like the Kubrick-directed and Peter Sellers-starring Dr Strangelove, Casablanca and Buster Keaton’s The General among the old favourites being revived.
If you haven’t seen these films yet, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
Ahead of the release of The Grand Budapest Hotel in March, the cinema is also planning a Wes Anderson retrospective beginning on February 17.
VINTAGE SUNDAYS: WHAT’S ON
February 2, Dr Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb
February 9, Singin’ in the Rain
February 16, Casablanca
February 23, La Belle et la Bette
March 2, Vertigo
March 9, The General
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (July 26 to 27)
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Erith shopping centre plans Pet Day
- 5 of the best places to Pick Your Own fruit and vegetables in north Kent and south east London
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
Comments are closed on this article.