CLASSIC movies are getting dusted off as Greenwich Picturehouse prepares to play ‘em again, Sam.
The boutique cinema is launching its Vintage Sundays season for six weeks in February and March, with ripsnorters like the Kubrick-directed and Peter Sellers-starring Dr Strangelove, Casablanca and Buster Keaton’s The General among the old favourites being revived.
If you haven’t seen these films yet, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
Ahead of the release of The Grand Budapest Hotel in March, the cinema is also planning a Wes Anderson retrospective beginning on February 17.
VINTAGE SUNDAYS: WHAT’S ON
February 2, Dr Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb
February 9, Singin’ in the Rain
February 16, Casablanca
February 23, La Belle et la Bette
March 2, Vertigo
March 9, The General
- What’s on this weekend: 11 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent
- PICTURED: An Olympic champion, Nobel prize winner and Doreen Lawrence among those #ProudtobeGreenwich
- Chance to join amazing adventurer in climb up the O2 for Father’s Day
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term