CLASSIC movies are getting dusted off as Greenwich Picturehouse prepares to play ‘em again, Sam.
The boutique cinema is launching its Vintage Sundays season for six weeks in February and March, with ripsnorters like the Kubrick-directed and Peter Sellers-starring Dr Strangelove, Casablanca and Buster Keaton’s The General among the old favourites being revived.
If you haven’t seen these films yet, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
Ahead of the release of The Grand Budapest Hotel in March, the cinema is also planning a Wes Anderson retrospective beginning on February 17.
VINTAGE SUNDAYS: WHAT’S ON
February 2, Dr Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb
February 9, Singin’ in the Rain
February 16, Casablanca
February 23, La Belle et la Bette
March 2, Vertigo
March 9, The General
- You'll eat, drink and be merry on your break to enjoy this food festival
- Diversity star to host FREE Halloween dance workshops in Bexleyheath
- Fireworks 2016: When and where is your local bonfire night and firework display in south east London and north Kent
- A massive trampoline park could open in St Mary Cray - if the firm behind it can convince Bromley Council
- Free Halloween family fun at intu Bromley this October half term