GOT a smartphone? These free apps can make life in south east London better.
We all like a good deal – and now you can easily tell if you are getting one. All you have to do is scan a barcode or QR code and Red Laser will tell you how much you can buy the item in your hand for elsewhere, both locally and online.
If you rely on public transport, you can rely on Citymapper. No matter where you are in the capital and where you want to get to – either by bus, train, tube, bike or taxi – this app will give you the best route, the times and the costs all in one easy-to-use app.
News Shopper Property
Blatant plug alert: if you’re looking to buy or rent in south east London or north Kent, Shopper’s handy app will help.
Let’s hope you don’t have to report any crimes, but if you do then Self Evident makes it easy. Using the app, you can report crimes directly to Kent Police or the Met and send evidence that is recorded immediately so could be more reliable.
Sydenham, Kirkdale and Forest Hill Audio Tour
OK, so it’s not strictly an app but it this tour does rely on QR codes. Follow a fascinating trail around 40-odd locations in Sydenham, Forest Hill and Kirkdale and scan the QR codes to hear interviews with local people about the area’s hidden histories, arts and goings on. Artists Michael Burton and Michiko Nitta worked on the Knowledge Banking project as part of the SEE3 scheme, to rejuvenate the towns. Go to cofutures.see3.co.uk for information.
- Millwall, Palace and Charlton snubbed as EA chooses Hazard and Messi for FIFA 15 cover
- Puzzlers jet into Croydon for world puzzle and Sudoku championships
- VIDEO: E-cigarettes, social media and mobile phones - a guide to modern manners
- TECH REVIEW: Making tea by wi-fi with the iKettle
- Watch out, your social media accounts are under attack ... from your friends!