Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
How to really 'play it cool' - tips by dating expert Hayley Quinn
‘Play it cool’ – my mum told me that.
Apart from ‘be yourself’ that has to rank number 1 for most common/ useless/ hard to decipher as a piece of dating advice.
But if it was rubbish why would we find that the second we send one post-date text too many, get a little needy about when we’re seeing a person, or want to move in with our partner NOW that they run a mile?
There’s obviously something about playing it cool that’s sexy, right?
I don’t think that sexiness comes from turning your phone off though, or being aloof as to when you can see a person again, or not being able to ask for commitment when you want it.
Playing games isn’t attractive (especially when the other person knows full well you’re waiting two hours inbetween replying to their texts intentionally).
What is attractive though is someone who builds their own life and doesn’t wait on other people.
So how about you only reply to their message when you have some down time, not the second they get in touch with you?
Fill your weekends with activities you love, then if they want to hang out with you, catch them amongst your schedule?
How about you build your own dreams, buy your own house, and don’t rely on anyone else to make you happy.
Because making your life awesome solo is the surest way to organically ‘play it cool’ and become really hot to other people in the process.
READ more of Hayley's advice
- Single this Christmas? Enjoy it.
- Falling out is easy; making up is difficult
- Christmas Dating Tips
- Facebook is a 'Pandora's Box' for relationship troubles
- A change of scene could make you appreciate your relationship
- Ice maidens, it's time to thaw
- Think about yourself
- Dating is not like Dr Pepper
- Tips for commuters
- Get out of a dry spell
- How to tell if they are just not that into you
- Three very simple criteria on who is suitable to date
- Staying true to yourself
- Quit whining Mr Nice Guy
- How to get men to approach you
- Making small talk less like an interrogation
- Mastering eye contact
Comments are closed on this article.