IN the nine months before the outbreak of the Second World War, nearly 10,000 mainly Jewish children were ferried from Germany to safety in Austria.
It was known as Kinderstransport, and many of the children never saw their parents again.
This year marks its seventy-fifth anniversary and Diane Samuels’ award-winning play Kinderstransport comes to the Churchill Theatre in Bromley from January 22 to 25.
The production is a moving insight into the complex relationship between mothers and daughters and is on many school curricula.
Tickets cost between £10 and £25. Call 0844 871 7620 or go to atgtickets.com/bromley
- Comedy cabaret trio Fascinating Aida head for Dartford's Orchard Theatre
- Sir Derek Jacobi speaks at Bromley Little Theatre Gala evening
- Festival at former trading estate celebrates Deptford Stories
- Popular comedy nights to return in Erith and New Cross
- The Hunters Grimm collect creepy tales in Deptford's streets this Halloween