IN the nine months before the outbreak of the Second World War, nearly 10,000 mainly Jewish children were ferried from Germany to safety in Austria.
It was known as Kinderstransport, and many of the children never saw their parents again.
This year marks its seventy-fifth anniversary and Diane Samuels’ award-winning play Kinderstransport comes to the Churchill Theatre in Bromley from January 22 to 25.
The production is a moving insight into the complex relationship between mothers and daughters and is on many school curricula.
Tickets cost between £10 and £25. Call 0844 871 7620 or go to atgtickets.com/bromley
- Panto review: Strictly's Craig Revel Horwood is Fab-u-lous in Peter Pan at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Final Strictly live tour celebrities announced to head to Greenwich
- Ballet bonanza for dance lovers in Dartford and Bromley this winter
- Pantomime review: 'Sexy, silly, mad' fun with Jack and the Beanstalk at Greenwich Theatre
- REVIEW: Miracle on 34th Street at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford