IN the nine months before the outbreak of the Second World War, nearly 10,000 mainly Jewish children were ferried from Germany to safety in Austria.
It was known as Kinderstransport, and many of the children never saw their parents again.
This year marks its seventy-fifth anniversary and Diane Samuels’ award-winning play Kinderstransport comes to the Churchill Theatre in Bromley from January 22 to 25.
The production is a moving insight into the complex relationship between mothers and daughters and is on many school curricula.
Tickets cost between £10 and £25. Call 0844 871 7620 or go to atgtickets.com/bromley
- Wonderland starring Naomi Morris comes to Churchill Theatre in Bromley
- Charlie Condo and Victoria Yeates star in The Crucible at Orchard Theatre, Dartford
- Jonathan Maitland's Dead Sheep comes to the Churchill Theatre, Bromley
- See it first in Bromley - Churchill Theatre announces launch new nationwide tours
- Theatre review: Matilda turns five in style in the West End