Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Midnight trading comes to Kent ahead of Christmas rush
GOOD news for last-minute shoppers: around 20 shops at Bluewater will stay open until midnight on December 23.
For the first time, brands including Boots, Boux Avenue, All Saints and Gap will trade until midnight to catch the estimated surge of late shoppers. More brands are anticipated to commit over the coming days too.
An expected influx of late night shoppers is supported by data captured on Bluewater’s website with a 43 per cent surge in people looking for opening hours.
On Monday (December 9), Bluewater also launched two weeks of Mega Days with retailers staying open until 11pm six days a week until December 21.
Bluewater’s general manager Robert Goodman said: “Consumers have greater choice than ever, so it is vital retail destinations engage on both rational and emotional levels.
“Bluewater’s support of midnight trading, the launch of the mobile-optimised website, and promotion of click and collect reflect the changing ways consumers shop and access information.”
- Sidcup dad grows desperate as schools say there is no space for disabled daughter
- Bromley panto star Anna Williamson hopes to make a Splash on ITV
- Top five tips for hosting this Christmas
- RECIPE: Great British Bake Off champion Frances Quinn's Christmas Snowflake Cake
- Extra panto date added in Greenwich due to demand
Comments are closed on this article.