Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Recipe: Celebrity chef teams up with care charity for recipe calendar
CELEBRITY chef Rosemary Shrager has worked with Avante Care and Support to launch a calendar with 12 easy-to-cook recipes.
The charity, which operates 16 care homes across Kent and the south east, has created a calendar which contains a recipe a month by its head of nutrition and hydration Sophie Murray.
It is on sale now at the homes and costs £3.99 and all proceeds go to the homes amenities fund for all residents to benefit.
RECIPE – Scotch Eggs (makes four)
4 large free-range eggs, plus another beaten for outer casing.
2 tbsp white flour seasoned with pepper
225g sausage meat
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Half tsp cayenne pepper
2 spring onions
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
200g dry ground semolina
2 tsp turmeric
Finely chop the spring onions and mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, turmeric and semolina together to make breadcrumbs.
Boil the four eggs for 10 minutes and set aside.
Divide sausage meat into four equal portions. On a lightly breadcrumbed surface, pat each portion to about a quarter of a centimetre thickness. Wrap each portion around the hardboiled egg, pressing edges together to seal.
Dip sausage-coated eggs in beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
Place on baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 190c/gas mark 5 until lightly browned (around 25 mins).
- Easter Recipe video: Great British Bake Off winner Edd Kimber’s Chocolate Salted Caramel Marble Cake
- Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood's top Hot Cross Bun tips
- Classic hot cross bun recipe by Bexleyheath bakery Cocoa and Heart
- Best and worst: Chocolate covered champions and foods that should never go with chocolate
- Contain yourselves: Pizza1889 transports authentic Italian pizza to Orpington
Comments are closed on this article.