A LEGAL secretary who turned to Pilates to beat back pain is opening a custom-built, dedicated Pilates studio in Bexley.
Genine Patrick is the director of the purpose-built Pilates Body Studio at The Mill in Bexley High Street, which opens on Monday, November 25.
The fitness trend has become the workout of choice for a number of celebrities and athletes, from David Beckham to Jennifer Aniston and Carl Froch.
Jennifer Aniston once said about it: “I’m a Pilates person. It’s great. I had a chronic back, a pinched nerve and a hip problem and it’s completely solved all of it. I love it. It makes me feel like I’m taller.”
The studio will teach more than 50 classes a week and boasts two matwork rooms, a Pilates equipment studio and treatment space.
The classes – including Pilates Pulse and Pilates Revolution, which uses Pilates equipment as a small circuit training session – are all taught by Body Control Pilates-qualified instructors.
Genine said: “Pilates is like no other exercise program, the method focuses on the inherent weakness existing in every body.
“By strengthening the core muscles and improving flexibility and posture, clients see continuing results; they look better, feel better and are challenged on multiple levels.”
Genine said new clients can take advantage of an introductory offer of unlimited use for two weeks for £20.
Call 07940 243231 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fitness gurus behind Cheerobics and Zumba Riot team up for new project
- Drum and bass DJs, MCs and boxing - fitness class Fight Klub brings the nightclub to the gym
- Michael Phelps is a fan – but what is ‘cupping’ and where can you try it in south London?
- 15 south London sports and athletics clubs that trained Olympic athletes
- Health warning over 'explosive exercises' causing injuries to young fitness fanatics